Classroom Caps refer to the maximum number of students enrolled in a classroom. They are provincially mandated.
A Soft Cap is defined as the stated cap number. A Hard Cap is defined as the stated cap number plus 2. The Class Caps (by grade levels) are as follows:
- Grades Primary to 2 – soft cap of 20, hard cap of 22
- Grades 3 to 6 – soft cap of 25, hard cap of 27
- Grades 7 to 9 – soft cap of 28, hard cap of 30
- Grades 10 to 12 – soft cap of 30, hard cap of 32
A Class Cap may be exceeded because of school capacity or exceptional circumstances.
Class caps must be in place by Sept. 30 of each school year. There may be enrollment fluctuations throughout the year after this time.
- SSRSB Class Caps Compliance Report : 2017-18 Class Size Report.
- Class Caps information for the 2017-18 school year: 2017-18 Class Caps guidelines
If parents/guardians have questions about class sizes at any grade, please contact the school principal.